STATE-OF-THE-ART SIMULATION AND TRAINING FACILITY
SeaWays Global is delighted to be using the facilities available at the Wartsila Academy. This world-class training centre is located at the Lakeside North Harbour in Portsmouth and boasts first class equipment, installed with the latest software, leading edge technologies and highly realistic simulator visualisation.
The Academy houses a range of Transas simulation equipment including:
- Full Mission Bridge Simulators
- Full Mission and part-task Tug Simulators
- Full Mission Engine Room Simulator
- Large classrooms
- Simulation briefing rooms, where preparation and debriefing of all exercises is carried out.
All simulators are the latest generation of the Wartsila Navi-Trainer Professional 5000 (NTPro 5000). They feature realistic ship consoles with a complete set of dedicated hardware controls and displays that address all key bridge functions.
The tug simulator is a key element of the SeaWays Global training programmes. It has been developed in close collaboration with Wartsila and comprises:
- 360° vision via 44 LED screens
- 31 computers
- Rolls Royce controls and electronics
- ASD/ATD/CTS/VSP controls
- Genuine Damen hardware winch controls.
Hydrodynamic modelling accurately replicates the dynamic interaction between ship and tug.
The high quality of simulation underpins Global’s ability to demonstrate and train 55 separate aspects of tug operations.