Who we are and how we approach data privacy
As a company we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of personal information from visitors to our site or those communicating electronically with us. We want you to be confident that your information will be properly protected whilst in our possession.
Our representative for the purpose of data protection compliance is our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Paul Robinson, who can be contacted as follows:
• Mobile: 0044 (0)7738 896577;
• Email: email@example.com;
• By mail to: SeaWays Global Ltd, 3 Acorn Business Centre, Northarbour Road, Cosham, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK PO6 3TH
What data do we collect?
In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site. This data and information is detailed below.
• Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use this website.
• Information that visitors provide to us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as when a visitor registers for information or makes a purchase; this will include personal identification information such as name, email address and phone number
• Information provided to us when our visitors communicate with us electronically for any reason.]
• Marketing Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us (i.e. whether you have requested to opt out or unsubscribe from receiving any marketing from us).
• We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide SeaWays Global, voluntarily, with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
• Register online for any of our training products
• Use or view our website (www.seawaysglobal.com) via your browser’s cookies, including the Small Angles Magazine section of our website
The transmission of information through the internet can never be assumed to be completely secure and while we do our best to protect personal information at all times, we cannot guarantee the security of the data sent to us through our website. Any transmission made is therefore at the sender’s risk. Once we have received personal information, we use strict procedures to protect against unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential
You may give us your Identity, Contact and/or Financial Data (if applicable) by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• Apply (and contract) for our solutions and/or services;
• create an account for our solutions and/or services;
• subscribe to our solutions, services or publications;
• request service support for our solutions and/or services;
• request marketing to be sent to you;
• give us some feedback;
• work as a business partner of ours; or
• supply services to us.
How will we use your data?
The information we collect is used for our own use in developing our website and also occasionally by advertisers on this site. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
• Provide you with information relating to our website, products or our services that you request from us.
• Provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you.
• Meet our contractual obligations to you.
• Notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes that may affect our website.
• Contact you if you are an existing customer with information about goods and services similar to those that you have expressed an interest in previously via our website.
• Use your data, or allow carefully selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider are likely to be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and, only by those means for which you have provided consent.
Marketing & Opting Out
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased solutions or services from us or if you provided us with your details directly (at a trade show for example) and, in each case, you have not opted out (or unsubscribed) of receiving that marketing.
How do we store your data?
SeaWays Global securely stores your data using cloud-based platforms as well as secure servers. We will only use state of the art cloud platforms which provide adequate assurances that your information is being stored securely. We will retain your data as follows:
• Email address and phone number:
o If these are provided as part of an enquiry for some of our services, we shall retain the information for 6 months
o If provided as part of the joining process for one of our courses, we will ensure that you are content for us to retain this information while you are still in the towage industry, affording us the capability to provide updates on training methods and techniques
• Name on the SeaWays Global database of trained tugmasters, until you advise that you are no longer in need of the SeaWays Global training accreditation
Completion of survey or feedback forms
If you complete a survey for SeaWays Global you will be asked for basic contact information (name, email and telephone number). We use these in our analysis of the responses provided.
Your data protection rights
SeaWays Global wishes to ensure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
• The right to access – you have the right to request that SeaWays Global provides copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service
• The right to rectification – you have the right to request that SeaWays Global corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that SeaWays Global completes any information that you believe is incomplete
• The right to erasure – you have the right to request that SeaWays Global erases your persona data under certain conditions
• The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that SeaWays Global restricts the processing of your personal data under certain conditions
• The right to data portability – you have the right to request that SeaWays Global transfers the data that we have collected to another organisation or directly to you, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When collected this information is used by us to improve our website and further enhance the visitor experience and, won’t be shared with advertisers. Please note that no personally identifiable information is recorded.
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general internet use to further assist us in developing or website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
How to manage cookies?
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. You can easily decline or remove cookies from your computer using the settings within the Internet Options section in your computer control panel.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however the SeaWays Global website uses the following:
• Functionality – SeaWays Global uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used
• Advertising – SeaWays Global uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address.
SeaWays Global uses the services of Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Data collected by cookies about your use of the websites, solutions and/or services (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on behalf of SeaWays Global. SeaWays Global uses such analytics services for the purpose of evaluating usage, and providing other services relating to website activities and internet usage.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How to contact us?