Simulators: 360° Full Mission Bridge Simulator
The SeaWays course is structured to give the trainees a better understanding of azimuth systems and an effective style of operating them in port manoeuvring mode, including berthing/unberthing exercises and narrow lock moves.
Exercise Lesson Area Time expected 1 Turning vessel using Main Engine RPM Only Open waters 20 mins 2 Turning Vessel using Pod angles only Open Waters
3 Turning a vessel using a combination of Main Engine RPM and pod angles Open Waters 20 Mins 4 Different styles of steering a vessel whilst making headway. Open Waters 45 Mins 5 Different styles of steering a vessel whilst making sternway Open Waters 45 Mins 6 Learning how to walk a vessel sideways in a controlled manner.
7 Using different steering and manoeuvring styles for a simulated real time exercise. Best methods of increasing and decreasing R.O.T. Port limits 90 Mins 8 Reducing speed and manoeuvring vessel alongside. Port limits 90 Mins 9 Emergency procedures.
Crash Stop and
Loss of one azimuth control
Port Limits 60 Mins
- Additional time will be spent as necessary to provide de-briefs to Pilots between exercises and if time permits any of the above exercises can be repeated if requested on the day;
- Pilots will be required to arrive at the Wartsila Academy at 09:00 Hrs prompt;
- An introductory briefing will be given by the SeaWays Training Team on arrival which will outline Health and Safety requirements as well as the course content for the day;
- The course will finish by 17:00Hrs.
Total Simulation Course = 1 days familiarisation.
Cost of the course includes:
- 1 days simulation training
- Course manuals
- Lunches each course day
- Coffees & soft drinks
- Collection to and from London airports can be arranged.
Total course cost = £2,650 per course (maximum of 2 Pilots per course) + VAT @ 20% (VAT is reclaimable for companies & overseas clients)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for future course dates and bookings.